Thursday, February 4, 2010

photography

Photography has long been a passion of mine. I remember saving allowance and birthday money to buy film and get it developed. When I was living in Santa Fe, about 11 or so years ago, a musician friend of mine, Simon Widdowson, introduced me to the photography of artist Nigel Conway. The photos I saw were taken with a Holga camera. They were so beautiful and inspiring.

Well, I ended up buying my own Holga, and I love it. Holgas are great, affordable plastic cameras (I think I paid about $20 for mine, long before they became a fad at Urban Outfitters). They are unpredictable in that they have a reputation for light leaks, so they're perfect for those who like surprises. They're film (120) cameras, the kind that you have to manually forward to the next frame - just try it, you'll like it. It really is the perfect camera for the adventurous, experimental types.

Here are a few of mine that I've taken recently. Enjoy!


















1 comment: