Monday, February 15, 2010

another great weekend with friends


On Saturday night a couple of great friends hosted a cocktail event with special guest Paul Deegan. Paul is an Everest mountaineer, speaker, and author. It was so amazing listening to him share his life and expedition stories. He also had a slideshow with beautiful images of Everest, his world travels, and last Monday night's shuttle launch. So inspiring!



Sunday, a few of my friends and I went to Walnut Street Theatre's production of The Eclectic Society. This was my first time seeing a show on the mainstage. I was unsure of what to expect. The mainstage productions are generally pretty conservative, classic shows and I prefer more contemporary, experimental works. However, I was not disappointed. The production fully embraced the excitement and tension of the early 60's with bravado and honesty. The cast deftly expressing the nuances of characters that were drawing and re-drawing lines of loyalty, love, and duty. Afterwards, we went out to Marathon Grill and hung out with other friends and members of the cast...for karaoke.

Sunday was also the first day of the Year of the Tiger. As a Tiger, I'm hoping 2010 will be an auspicious year for me.

I had such a great holiday weekend thanks to my friends and family (I caught up with my mom on Sunday via phone)!


No comments:

Post a Comment