Monday, February 8, 2010

blizzards and friends

This past weekend was so awesome!!! I love snow!! I grew up in Ohio where snowstorms were fairly frequent during the winter months and I have such fond memories. As an adult, I've enjoyed snowshoeing and even snowcamping! Fun, fun, fun!

However, snow is not as common here in Philly...this winter being the exception. This past weekend's storm left a think blanket of beautiful white snow...I love the otherworldly sense of it. Most of the stores in the downtown area were closed and people came out in droves to play in the snow - a group of people even started a game of touch football in Rittenhouse Square Park! I wish I had pics to share - I'll put them up as soon as I'm able to get them off the camera.

In addition to all the white wonderfulness I had a fantastic time trekking through the snow to meet up with my friends for dinner, drinks, gelato, yoga, tea, and laughs! Another friend shared his snow pictures for me to post when I couldn't share mine. I also caught up with a cousin via phone - she's in Boston and didn't get any of this snow! It was the perfect balm to the continued unemployment challenges and recent loss of a college friend. I do cherish my friends, even more so in times like these!

There's more snow coming to Philly starting tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to it!! For those of you on the roads, take care. If staying in, I hope we all take the time to be thankful for the friends and family in our lives!





No comments:

Post a Comment