Thursday, February 18, 2010

I've been given a lifeline!


So every spring that I've been in Philadelphia, I've attended the Philadelphia Film Festival. As it occurs around my birthday, I like to pretend that they do it just for me. I spend weeks pouring over the movie guide, highlighter in hand, making my selections. I get to the theater at least an hour in advance - a book in hand - to make sure that I'm close to the front of the line to get a good seat.

When I heard that this year's festival was canceled, I was heartbroken for a couple of reasons: 1) a couple of friends and I had submitted our quizzo documentary, The Legend of Sofa Kingdom, for entry and 2) it was like canceling Christmas!

Thankfully the Philadelphia Film Society is having a Spring Preview April 9-11. All shows are FREE, with advanced tickets available to members. They will be offering their full festival October 14-24.

Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment